Outtakes. Contrary to popular belief (since all personal style blogs are an expression of narcissism in some way or the other) not all photos from a shoot actually end up on my blog. These are some outtakes from the posts I’ve shot so far this year - in some of them, the technical glitches are obvious, but sometimes, there really isn’t any particular reason why one photo makes the cut and another doesn’t.
For the actual shoots these originated from, please visit A Curious Fancy 💕
a place of peace, safety, or happiness in the midst of trouble or difficulty
Since I've followed you, you've given me hope that one day I can find resolutions and better ways to cope with life, especially my ptsd, anxiety, and depression, and I was just curious, if your comfortable with sharing, if you've had your "adult life" (for lack of a better word) together from an early age or if its taken a lot of time? So many people in their twenties seem lost and I cant help but feel like I'm taking too long to "grow up", and get a good grip on my life.
I still do not have my adult life together. I’m not sure if I ever will. I fall apart on a pretty frequent cycle and growing up and learning how to cope with myself and my sad brains and my ptsd, anxiety, and depression hasn’t made those things go away but it’s make me able to reflect, process, and employ self care to make them a livable situation. I haven’t had insurance so I haven’t had access to doctors or medication like I have in the past- I do now so I might have even more tools to use when things get hard for me and my head. It’s your life and that means that the only time line you’re on is yours. I know there is a lot of pressure all around and you’re probably being pulled many ways but you’re doing good. I am 28 and I am barely just figuring out now what having a good grip looks like, let alone achieving it. You’ll get there and by there I mean where you want and need to be- and where you are today is enough and who you are today is enough.
- Start training at my new job tomorrow
- Have my internship tomorrow
- Start an adult ‘learn how to swim’ class tomorrow
- I have to take the pup to the vet tomorrow
- Rented a space in a community garden where they’ll help us learn how to grow our own food and we have a small plot for the summer to garden and practice.
- Started jogging with Elvie to get out some of their excess energy.
- Signed up for health insurance before the marketplace closed and I now have health and dental insurance for the first time in years.
- 2014 might not be so bad.